Wednesday, June 24, 2015

2221 Miniature Goat

sold still life, acrylic, 6" x 6"

I've unpacked from last weekend's workshop in Traverse City and am repacking for this weekend's workshop in Atlanta. I haven't stopped talking about Michigan since I got back - I've Googled everything I experienced from sand dunes to fishing shacks to slag and gin. I kayaked yesterday morning and pretended I was on the lake until I almost clubbed a very large jellyfish with my paddle - eh. 



I ran the workshop like an interval training session. I changed the (painting) exercises often. We never lingered too long because I like to keep everyone moving along - the time flew, the work stayed fresh and our energy stayed up. We talked about everything from value to color to composition. We discussed topics like, tapping into our personal voice, creating a lineage and making a painting sing. More photos of the workshop can be seen on my Facebook page