Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Post Grad #477























SOLD
What would the first day after a CM workshop be without a painting of apples and a cropped plate?

Other than the obvious setup (no one else does it quite like her - clearly) - I am left thinking of this today; as I work on my stuff post class - what if, my brushstrokes were always the right value? I know! A revelation. Sometimes, I admit, I get so happy with the shape or density or direction of a stroke, I don't always fix a value that could have been better defined. I might slip back into bad habits, but for now, I have a little check list. Ooops, right now I see one thing I promised myself I would never do again - but that'll be my little secret.

Oh, and what about those highlights, huh? Not bad right?

This is the first one I did today and it was a little hard, I was thinking a lot, I'm going to go paint some more now, but thought I'd share this